Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Monday, February 28, 2005

THE question

I went to a party for a friend's birthday this weekend. Not a lot of people know we are TTC, and there were none there. Because of our age, the fact we've been together for 9 years, the fact we have bought a house, people always ask us THE question that makes us uneasy, the question that makes us want to scream and run: so, when are you gonna have kids??

The worse thing is not the question itself. It's its effect on me. Even if I've had several years of practice, it always takes me by surprise and I can't find a good answer to close the discussion. I always blush, look at the floor and mutter something stupid like "when nature will decide" or "when the time will come" before changing the subject.

I would really like to have a good answer to that question. Anybody out there got any suggestion? All ideas are welcome!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home