Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Our home

One year ago today, we slept for the first time in our little house. Our first house, the first place we called home with genuine pride.

We had spent a couple of weeks painting, renovating, cleaning and planning. We were then living at my dad's because our landlore had decided to make us leave by destroying our place. A big stupid story I prefer to forget now. So we had moved just a few items to my dad's, what we needed for 3 months. On June 4th, we moved that stuff to our house. In an almost empty house, on a mattress on the floor, we spent our first night at our home. And we slept like logs! The day after, the movers brought back the rest of our stuff that had been stored for the last 3 months. Lots of cleaning and unpacking ahead! Finally, we had a place to call our own!

For one year, we have been living in this little suburbian house. It's not much, it's far from being a castle. But it's ours. For people outside of our world, it will almost seem as if it was planned: they bought their first house and 1 year and a half later, they had their first child. That's how it works, right? Well, in movies, maybe...

I can't wait to welcome a child in this house. I can't wait to redo the room and hang a little mobile. I can't wait to see toys of every color of the rainbow scattered all around the house, to hear a tiny pure laugh and small feet running across the room. I know it's still far away, and so not garanteed to happen yet, but the more I think about it, the more the dream seems doable. If I could just... stretch... my fingers... a little more... I can almost touch it!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home