Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Finally some weight

I had my 4th routine appointment this morning. I bet with P I had gained 5 pounds. At my last appointment, I was still on the negative side (from mystarting weight). I hoped I had finally gained some pounds (might be the only time in my life I wish that!). Well, I was surprised! I gained 7 pounds in one month! The poutines* and chocolate chips cookies green salads and fresh fruits finally made the trick. But of course, as drs are never satisfied, he told me it was good I had finally gained some weight, but not to gain more. 7 punds in one month is a lot. I don't think I'll make this a habbit. This month was different. I was so affraid not to gain weight that I ate like a pig. Now that I know I'm back on track, I will try and contain myself.

Blood pressure is fine and my belly measure too. Pépin's heartbeat was still strong and beautiful. Everything is going well. Dr gave me a script for Preg-vit instead of Maternas to help with the constipation. We also asked if P could be the one cutting the cord when our son is born and the dr said they always ask the father to do it. That's nice, it's very important for P and I.

Almost 5 months along already. It goes so fast! We say it all the time, but it's true! 5 beautiful months, nothing to complain. Only 4 months left with my little boy this close to me. I am his world for the moment and I plan to enjoy every second left of my time with him inside my belly.

*Poutine is a Quebecer speciality: something like french fries with gravy and melted cheddar. Mmmm.

2 comment(s):

Oh my! Poutine sounds deadly!! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:49 PM  

So glad Pepin is doing well!

By Blogger erinberry, at 5:27 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home