Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Halfway there

I'm halfway between conceiving and having a baby. Half of my pregnancy is already done, already! I look behind and I am really amazed by the road we have travelled to get here. I look ahead and I see lots of excitment, love and axiety all mixed up. I can't wait to do that part of the journey with P. The journey to our son. I can't wait to embark on the parenting adventure with him. I'm really, really afraid, of course. The unknown is always scary. But that fear is also exciting and refreshing. I almost embrace it.

I look behind and I still have to pinch myself. Me, 20 weeks pregnant? Me?? I can't believe it! We say it all the time, but man does time fly! It seems like yesterday I was so happy to have crossed the 10 weeks mark. It seems like only yesterday I was waiting for that second line to appear and make my dream come true. And poof! here I am, 20 weeks pregnant, with a belly and a little boy kicking inside and letting me feel all the life and love he represents.

Halfway between conception and labor. Halfway between egg and child. Halfway between happiness and even more happiness. Halfway between infertility and motherhood.

3 comment(s):

I think we need to see another belly picture!!

By Blogger Sheryl, at 7:59 AM  

Yes, another belly pic!

I'm so happy for you Kiwi, this is all so wonderful.

You're almost there!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:40 PM  

Wow! Halfway there!!! That is amazing, I am so thrilled for you! Congrats!

By Blogger Kat, at 6:39 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home