Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Not that old

I really liked my aqua fitness class. The women are nice and the exercise felt good. The strangest thing is, I felt so very young. Age has always been a stressful point for me, TTC wise. I mean, I don't think I am old, being 28. But when you hear the biological clock ticking so loud, when you see time slipping through your fingers so fast, you feel a lot of pressure. I felt rushed by time, by my age. I did not want to have my kids too late, to waste my youth waiting and hoping and taking pills. I did not feel old, no, but knowing that you lose fertility everyday after 25 added an extra pressure to my already not so good fertility.

Yesterday, we all said our name, where we were at in our pregnancy, if we knew the gender. Almost everybody said their age too. Out of the 12 women, we were only 3 under 30. Most of them were 33 or 35 and pregnant with their first child. I looked at them and thought they were all so pretty with their round belly. They were not old at all! That's when it hit me: 35 years old, it's 7 years older than me. In 7 years, I can do a lot! And 35 is still very young! That gives me some time, without feeling old or rushed. I looked at them and I felt very, very young and very, very lucky.

It might not be a big deal in itself, but it made my heart give a big sigh of relief, knowing we're not that late in our timeline.

2 comment(s):

Thanks for sharing Kiwi. That even makes me feel better! Glad you enjoyed your class. I've always loved aqua fit class!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:47 PM  

So glad you loved your aquafit kiwi! I go (ok I should be going!) and love it. I'm know that WHEN I get pregnant I'll be going for sure!

By Blogger Sheryl, at 8:58 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home