Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I feel old

Today, I feel old. Physically, I am no different than yesterday. But today, I aged a year. Today, I turned 29. My last year as a twenty-something. I don't feel 29, I don't think I look 29. But I can't escape it.

I don't think 29 is old. At least, not when other people say they're 29. I just don't like thinking that next year, I'll be 30... It seems like a huge step and I don't feel like I'm ready. But hey, what can I do?

I always wanted to have 3 children before I turned 25. Well that didn't happen. I changed it to 30. Unless I get pregnant with twins soon (ah ah!), there's no chance that's gonna happen either. I don't mind. I knew, when we started struggling with infertility, that I might have to change my dream again. So... 3 kids before 35 sounds reasonable, right? And still possible. Six years to have two other kids sounds fine. How I hope it'll come true...

When I look at 35 year-old women I know, man, do they look young. So why is 30 making me feel so uneasy? Is it because when I was young and wondered where I would be at 30, I never thought I would be here? Is it because 30 sounds so adult, so grown-up? I don't know... and I'm not there yet. So I might as well enjoy what is left of my twenties.

So, for my birthday, I give you the mic, readers. You can ask me anything you want to know. :)

And by the way, thank you all very much for your input about Paty. You helped me a lot.

6 comment(s):

Happy Birthday :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:29 PM  

Happy Birthday! I turned 29 this year, too, and am not looking forward to 30 one bit either.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:31 PM  

Happy Birthday Kiwi!! Enjoy 29. Really though, 30 won't be as bad as you think at all. I turn (Gasp) 32 this year and THAT hurts! HAHA Just kidding... its all good and they're just numbers. Its all in how you feel!

Have a GREAT birthday :)

By Blogger Sheryl, at 8:48 PM  

Hey Kiwi!

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Don't worry about the age thing...it's all in our minds anyways!

Thanks for the comments on my blog...It's good to know that it will get better with time...thanks for sharing :-)

By Blogger Kat, at 6:03 PM  

Happy belated birthday! I'd give anything to be 29 again! :-)

By Blogger Jen, at 12:47 PM  

Oh happy birthday! I am 35 so was very happy you noticed some of us do look young. Mind, I am 35 and have no children, THAT anguishes me a bit. Oh well.

By Blogger Lioness, at 8:14 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home