Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Thursday, February 09, 2006

A new life

I am working on translating the (long) birthstory I wrote in French, but it takes a long time. I just wanted to let you all know we are doing good. Félix is such a good baby. He never cries, always sleeps... but, we're having a hard time breastfeeding. At the hospital, I had no trouble at all. But when we came back home, my breasts were hard as wood and as big as footballs and he did not want anything to do with them. So I pumped my milk for a couple of days and we fed him with a plastic seringe. Finally, on Friday, he took the breast again. Now, he has no trouble with the right one, but still struggles (or is it me?) with the left one, but we're getting there.

We are adapting to our new life. P is staying home with us for another 6 weeks, it makes a huge difference. I love it being here with my family. Wow, we are a family. P, Félix and me. My family.

4 comment(s):

Wonderful! If you need a proofreader let me know. heh. I can't wait to read it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 AM  

I'm so glad Felix is sleeping well. Hang in there with the BF...I'm sure in no time you'll both be 100% comfortable. I can't wait to hear all about Felix's arrival :-)

By Blogger Kat, at 1:11 PM  

How sweet! I do believe I feel like crying!

By Blogger Mony, at 4:48 PM  

So glad to hear that everyone is doing well. It's great that P is able to stay at home and help take care of Felix. Can't wait to read your birthstory!

By Blogger Jen, at 6:05 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home