Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Updates

I had another appointment on Tuesday, with my regular Dr this time, thank God. I had little hope things would have moved, since I've had no contractions, false or real. I was right. My cervix is still softened at 50% and not dialated one bit. The baby is still very high (although he is head down, whew!). I know sometimes it can go real fast, but it doesn't look that way to me right now.

Someone had told me her RE had told her Femara babies were smaller. So I asked my Dr about it and if he could say if I would have a small or a big baby. He said I would not have a typical Femara baby because he predicts a good 8 pounds baby.

Everything is fine. I haven't gained weight since last week (finally!). I'm up to 35 pounds, it's about time I stopped gaining. Heartbeat is strong, belly at 37 cm, blood pressure is fine too. I really have nothing to complain about (not that I would anyway).

I've always had trouble at the clinic with my EDD. Depending on the nurse, it would move one week. Some nurses use the EDD from my last period (which would be January 21) and others use the one from my u/s (which would be January 27, the same as with my ovulation, so it's the one I use). Last Tuesday, she used the first one. That means when I go back next week, I'm gonna be overdue. I don't see myself that way yet, because I've always used the 27 as my date. But the dr told me about inducing labor the week after that if nothing had moved. I don't want that. Well of course, if the baby's in danger and all, ok. But I would really love to be able to start on my own, at home if possible. Don't we all dream it happens like in the movies? One minute P and I are talking and the next minute "oh honey! I think this is it!"

I can't wait to see my baby, but I don't want to rush things. I know that in no more than 2 weeks, I'll be holding him in my arms. Two weeks, that's nothing compared to 3 years, so I won't be losing patience now.


-----Update on my friend Nathalie-----
Well, she won't be keeping the baby. I'm really sad about it, but there's nothing I can do except be her friend.

3 comment(s):

I won't even tell anyone at my OBs office when my last period was. All I'll give them is the date of the retrieval. But that even back fired because the nurse tried to use that as my LMP. You can't win :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 AM  

Wow you are really close to giving birth to you first!

So sorry to hear about your friend Nathalie. This means (this is sad to say) she is going to give up the baby for adoption once he/she is born or have an abortion?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:56 PM  

I'm sad for Nathalee too.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:36 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home