Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Monday, January 02, 2006

The grass

is not always greener on the other side of the fence

I missed my 34 weeks appointment because of the car accident. I had to make a new appointment last week, but unfortunately, my dr was not available. I don't really mind seeing another dr, since these appointments are usually short and more routine than anything. But my dr is the one who followed me for 2 years in infertility treatments. He knows us, knows where we come from. He might not be the more smiling person, but now I know I was very lucky to have him.

The new dr did not say anything and seemed in a hurry. I know we're in the middle of the holidays and it probably pissed him off to have to work, but hey, it's not my problem. I almost felt like I was bothering him! I'm not a number, I'm a pregnant woman. Is it that much to ask to be treated as a human being? In the middle of my pregnancy, I didn't really have questions or worries. The appointments didn't feel as important as they do now that I'm almost due. I'm at the end of my pregnancy, the pregnancy we took 3 years to acheive. I want details. I want time. I want consideration.

I had to ask him for every detail and he didn't give half of them. We listened to the heartbeat... or did we? It lasted only 3 seconds! He checked my cervix but didn't say a word. I was so mad I didn't ask (and I regret it). My guess is he would have told me if something had change... but I'm not sure... He couldn't say if the baby's head was down, so he said "put your pants back on and let's go to the u/s room." And he opens the door! Hey buddy! I'm butt-naked here, do you mind?! I had the time to put my panty back on before he opens the door again and says "come on, hurry up!" in a very rude manner. I was furious!

I laid on the u/s table. He put gel on my belly and put the wand on. If I had blinked, I would have missed everything! In fact, I did miss everything! It was so fast, I'm not even sure he saw something on the screen. Anyway, he said the head was down, come back in 2 weeks, and he left. Positively the worse dr I met in my life!

I have questions, things I want to know, now that labor is soon approaching. I always liked to know every detail (what inferile doesn't?) like the size of my uterus, is my cervix dilated? Softened? Is the baby big or small? I got out of there so frustrated and disappinted. And the worse in all that, is that I have no choice but to see him again in two weeks. I sincerely hope it was just a bad day and he's not usually that rude. If he is the same, then I'll ask for someone else. I won't ever live the end of this pregnancy ever again. I don't want him to ruin it for me. It's too important.

2 comment(s):

What a horrible doctor Kiwi! I would call your clinic and complain. His actions were totally inappropriate!! I agree that you should refuse seeing him next time.

And don't let his attitude get you down. You're doing good and almost ready to have that baby!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:43 PM  

Wow, this totally sucks, what a jerk. He actually hurried you up?!? Is it to late to schedule with a different dr. in the practice? If it can't be your original dr. maybe another...oh, I'm so sorry.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home