Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Friday, December 23, 2005

35 weeks, 35 days left

It seems I say that every month, but wow! Does time fly! I'm already 8 months along! Only one month to go! I am so not ready to give birth yet! Of course, I can't wait to meet my baby. But I am not tired of my big belly yet. I've had such an amazingly beautiful pregnancy, I don't want it to end!

Ok, of course there are some minor aches and pains now... Nothing really bothering me, but still, it's there. Mostly, I walk like a duck and my inner tighs hurt after walking for 15 minutes. So no more shopping spree for me! Anyway, I'm much too slow now. My belly (which feels huge and out of this world) is starting to weight a lot... or at least it feels like it. But I love it so much still! Pépin moves a little less now, he's getting so big and is running out of space. That does not keep him from kicking me in the ribs once in a while though! He has the hickups a few times a day and it still makes me laugh every time.

I'm not ready to give birth... Not because it scares me, but simply because I don't feel ready mentally. It must seem weird, since I've had so much time to prepare. But I always saw labor as a very distant thing, something that would eventually happen, sometime, at the end, not very soon... I had so many other things on my mind before thinking about labor... But then I woke up and it's the only thing left to do! Prenat clases are over, the room is almost done, clothes are washed, we visited the hospital, the shower's done... next stop: labor!

I still have (in theory) 5 weeks left with Pépin in my womb. I want to enjoy every second of it, rub my belly until it shines, talk to him and savour every moment I have in this wonderful proximity. Who knows if I'm ever going to live this again... and if I do, when... Might as well enjoy it fully while it lasts! Took me so long to get here, I'm not gonna waste one second of this blessing!

Here's a pic of my ever growing belly, for those interested. One month left, I hope I don't explode!

p.s. I put up a ticker thingy so you can follow the final countdown with me... eeesh!

3 comment(s):

I love the picture and your cute little belly button poking out. You're almost there Kiwi!

:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:07 PM  

What a beautiful picture...hard to believe there's so few weeks left! I wish you all the very best for the remaining time with Pépin ... you're about to enter a whole new phase in life!

By Blogger Sandy, at 10:23 AM  

What a gorgeous photo!

By Blogger erinberry, at 10:46 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home