Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Results

Last Monday, I had my diabetes test. I had already done this test at the fertility clinic, so I knew what to expect. One big glass of orange stuff to drink, a couple of burps, 2 hours sitting there, waiting to get my blood drawn and that was it.

Tuesday, I had my follow-up appointment (since I missed it last week). The nurse called the hospital to get my GD resuslts and everything is fine. I am so glad this is done! One less thing to stress about. Everything is good with me and the baby, but my doctor wants me to try and stop gaining so much weight. I have gaines a total of 14 pounds, which doesn't sound that bad when we consider I am 6 months along. But the fact that I gained these 14 pounds in the last 8 weeks worries my doctor. I don't need to diet, just to be careful. It's not like I did it on purpose. I eat very well, except for a couple poutines in the last few months. But I will try and be careful because I've always had a hard time losing weight. I might as well try and don't have too much to lose in 3 months. But hey, if I gain weight, so be it. Just as long as the baby and I are healthy.

Next stop, my 3D ultrasound next week. This one is just for fun, but I can't wait! We're gonna have a DVD! Wow, baby is gonna be on a DVD before even being born, how amazing is technology?

And to conclude this quite boring update post, for those interested, here's a link to my last belly shot. You can compare it to the 22 weeks one and the 17 weeks one. You kinda see where the 14 extra pounds went...

3 comment(s):

Beautiful belly Kiwi. Glad you passed the GD screen.

By Blogger PJ, at 11:09 AM  

Hey Kiwi-Your belly is so cute! I'm glad you are doing so good :-)
-Kat

By Blogger Kat, at 11:42 AM  

I always knew poutine could help with weight gain!!! Your baby belly looks beautiful.

By Blogger Sandy, at 8:56 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home