Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The end is near

I had another appointment yesterday. I think it might have been the last one. I was still hoping for some progress, even though I still haven't had any contraction whatsoever.

Well... nothing has moved! The baby is a little lower, but that's it! Since my Dr considers me past my due date (the 21st), he thinks it's time we help things move along a little bit. I am ready and willing to try some things, so I said alright. So tomorrow, I'm going to the hospital where they will put a gelly on my cervix to help it soften and open. My Dr told me it could start labor during the night, but it wasn't a sure thing. Depending on how things go, I might go back on Friday morning for another intervention (more gelly or a stripping) or to give birth.

At first, I didn't like the idea of getting induced. It took so much medical stuff just to get pregnant, I wanted the least medical interventions as possible during pregnancy (while still giving birth at the hospital). But today, I'm a little more open to some interventions. When I think that this weekend, I might be holding my baby in my arms, I care a lot less about that stuff. Of course, I still would love to go through most of the labor at home and leave for the hospital as late as possible. But I know it might not have happened that way anyway. So I'm going with the flow with one thing in mind: I'm going to meet my baby very soon.

3 comment(s):

Good luck!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:39 AM  

Best of luck Kiwi!!!! I hope that you get the labour and delivery you always wished for!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

By Blogger Kat, at 8:21 PM  

If you're just about ready to go into the labor anyway, the gel might be all the nudge you need -- as far as interventions go, you can't get much less intrusive than progestin gel. At least you won't be stuck at the hospital until you deliver like you would be if they broke your water to get labor started.

I was induced with gel for the birth of my second child. He was born eight hours after the first gel application, and that was the only intervention needed -- I didn't have Pitocin or my water broken. Worked out really great for us. I hope this is all you need and that you're holding your baby soon after an easy labor and delivery.

By Blogger Unknown, at 10:01 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home