Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The new plan

I got my period last Saturday. I was waiting for it, expecting it, anxious to start a new cycle with a possibility of an ovulation this time. I called my dr's office and they told me what the new plan is.

I started Serophene on CD3 Monday and I have to take it til CD8. They added one more day, much to P's delight. Bring on the hot flashes and crankiness! I also have to inject 100ui of Gonal-f daily from CD7 to CD10 and I see my doc on June 12 for a u/s, to see if all these meds did anything more than just make me bite everybody's heads off and cry because my cereals are mushy. If things go as planed (crossing my fingers!), I could ovulate right on my 30th birthday (the 14). Could this be lucky?

I know I'll pay later for being optimistic, but I want to be positive. After all, this will be like our first try. Who could blame me for hoping? Who could blame me for wanting this to work?

I'm still a little disappointed not to be able to "only" take Metformin and Femara for a couple of months and see what happens. That's kinda what I thought would happen for #2, since it finally worked well for Félix. I thought I would have it easier, no doc appointments, no dildocam. Almost like normal couples: a chart and some sex. Plus a couple of pills.

Oh well. It's only that, plus a couple injections and a wand session. No biggie.

Bring it on, I'm ready!

Labels:

4 comment(s):

Fingers crossed!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 AM  

Yay! What a positive attitude you have too, that's awesome! Wishing your birthday brings luck!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:58 AM  

Good luck to you.

By Blogger PJ, at 11:25 AM  

Thanks girls!
I'll keep you posted.

By Blogger Unknown, at 11:55 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home