Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Monday, January 29, 2007

One year

My son turned one year old yesterday. I wish I could find words strong enough to express everything I feel for him, for my new life, for our family. But words always seem too weak, to vague. I write, then read and erase what I wrote because it doesn't match the strength of my feelings.

One year ago, Felix came into our lives. We stopped being two and became a family. I became a mother and I now know that's what I was meant to be. It feels right. I feel like I belong.

Felix is now a big boy. He has 15 teeth, he walks, says maman and papa (mommy and daddy in French), does byebye, claps his hands, turns on the dishwasher, climbs the stairs, loves reading books and babling while doing so (abaaabadaba!), still laughs when we sneeze, adores the cat and is still breastfed once a day. He is such a joy, such a sweet boy. He never cries, never has really. He sleeps well, although I could use one more hour of quiet so I could work during the day, but it's ok. When I wake up in the morning, I can't wait for him to wake up so we can start our day. When I go get him in his room, he is waiting for me standing in his bed, smiling and giggling. I could not have asked for a better kid than him, he is so perfect.

One year of learning the mommy stuff. One year of doubt and trying to trust my instincts. One year of breastfeeding. One year of watching Felix grow, learn, observe, discover, be. One year of motherhood and so far, so good!

Happy birthday, my sweet boy, mon petit garçon chéri!

6 comment(s):

He is adorable. Happy Birthday Felix.

By Blogger PJ, at 2:22 PM  

Wow... I can't belive he's 1 year old already!! Happy Birthday Felix :)

By Blogger Sheryl, at 6:06 PM  

Happy one year! So wonderful!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:48 PM  

Happy Birthday to Felix! He is adorable.

By Blogger Ali, at 8:31 PM  

Just precious. Happy Birthday Felix!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:42 PM  

A year...how can that be?!? It goes by so quickly.

By Blogger Jay, at 6:23 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home