Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Remember me?

Last I came here, I was talking about being back in the game soon. Well, I am now back for good. I nursed my son for the last time on March 4th. Breastfeeding was hard at first, but it was always gratifying and enpowering. I am so very proud that our adventure lasted over 13 months, even though I would have liked to go on much longer, if only I would have ovulated like a normal woman does. I cried when he latched for the last time. I cried, stroking his hair, looking at his calm face and hearing him gulp down my milk for the last time. He did well. He never asked for my breasts after that, so I guess he was ready. I was too, but there are still moments when I miss breastfeeding a lot. I'm sure it will pass. I just hope really really hard I did not wean him for nothing.

So, I saw my RE on March 29. With good timing, my period started right after the appointment. Yay! So, since Femara is no longer prescribed by many doctors here, including my doctor (because of a study showing it increased some birth defects) I cannot start where I left when I got pregnant with Félix. I was disappointed, since Femara was the magic trick for me, for my two pregnancies. Anyway, since I've been having pretty short cycles since my first post-partum period, something I never had before Félix, he thinks maybe Serophene (same as Clomid) would work this time. So I started taking Metformin again and Serophene from CD3 to CD7. I am now on CD14, not ovulation yet. I am seeing my dr Friday, for a folicle scan, to see if this recipe works or not. He doesn't want me to stay on these meds if they don't work. I agree with him.

I've been feeling like crap for the last two weeks. Ah, the joys of Metformin! I remembered vaguely how I felt when I took it for the first time back in 2003, but it just isn't the same on paper than in real life. So, lots of nausea, feeling bloated and uneasy, headaches and heartburn. But hey, I'm willing to take it all if it means I'm ovulating. Especially since I clearly remember it did not last. I wouldn't have taken it for 18 months if it did! I had some hot flashes from the Serophene, but that's it. Two days ago, I felt a very sharp pain on my right side when I got up, but I won't read anything into it.

I can't wait to see if there's a folicle waiting to explode in there. I can't wait to see if my body is willing to cooperate.

Feels good to be back.

Labels:

3 comment(s):

Welcome Back and good luck!!!

By Blogger Sheryl, at 1:35 PM  

It's good that you are back!! Please post updates here, otherwise I will go crazy wondering how you are!

I have all confidence that you will have luck with #2. And then you get to breastfeed again!

So glad to hear from you!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 PM  

It's good to hear from you! Weaning is hard, isn't it? Best of luck with #2.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:35 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home