Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Three-o

Today, I turn 30. I had a hard time with this, with the fact that my youth was about to end. I felt old. I remember when I was 18 how I would think 30 year olds were boring and how old they looked to me.

But today, I don't feel old. I don't feel boring and most of all, I don't feel 30.

I had a folicle scan last Tuesday. I was so afraid my doc was going to tell me once again that the meds didn't work. I felt hope, I admit it, because I had always ovulated with injectibles. But that hope made me even more afraid, because now, I was afraid there would really be nothing more we could do (IVF is out of the question for us, financialy speaking).

The news were good. I was hoping for one good folicle, I got 4. I never in my life imagined I could produce so many eggs at once. They were still small though (from 12 to 14) so I had to do 3 more days of Gonal-f. I went back this morning for another u/s. I said to myself "worse case scenario, I only have one mature folicle, which would already be wonderful for me."

The news were good, again. I have one 19 mm folicle, and 3 slightly smaller ones. So I have to shoot Gonal-f one more day (tomorrow) and then, trigger shot tomorrow evening for a nice ovulation on Sunday morning. My dr said I would have 3 or 4 eggs. 3 or 4!! I can't believe this! Even if I don't get pregnant this cycle, I feel very happy we have found something that works well.

I am nowhere near how I felt while trying for #1. I am nowhere near that kind of heartache and longing and feeling of emptiness. I felt impatient, frustrated when my first 2 medicated cycles didn't even give me one good folicle, but it has nothing to do with how it felt when trying for #1, over, and over again.

Félix was conceived on Mother's day 2 years ago. Is it crazy to hope baby #2 will be conceived on Father's day this year? Hey, it's not because I'm old now that I can't be crazy.

Labels:

4 comment(s):

Best of luck for Father's Day conception.

By Blogger PJ, at 3:14 PM  

Such wonderful news!! Good luck for a Father's Day baby!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 PM  

Good luck, and happy birthday!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:11 PM  

Happy Birthday! And hooray on the eggs! Time for rock and roll ;-)

By Blogger Kat, at 9:01 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home