Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Monday, March 10, 2008

Still here

... and still very pregnant.

I can't blame baby2 for wanting to stay inside, what with the awful weather we're having and all. But man, am I impatient to meet him!

Based on my last period, my EDD is March 11. Based on the u/s, it was moved to the 6th. But my dr uses the latest one, so for him, I'm not even late yet. Not that it matters a lot, but when you have a date in mind for many months and you finally see it getting near, you can't help but think you're going to be holding your baby by then. I would have liked to see at least some progress by now. At my appointment last week, my cervix was still firm and fully closed. I've been having Braxton hicks daily since 18 weeks, but they have done nothing. This last week: not one contraction, nothing. I would be very surprised if my dr tells me tomorrow that I am dialated, even at 1.

I am starting to wonder if there is something else wrong with my body. Maybe it doesn't know how to start labor by itself? For Félix, I had to have prostaglandine gelly put on my cervix at 41 weeks because it was still firm and closed. Labor started later that day, but still, I needed something to tell my body it was time. I have a feeling something similar will happen this time.

I don't really mind about the gelly. I am still not very open to an induction with Pitocin and stuff, but I could use a little help to get things started. I would be a little disappointed not to be able to do that part by myself either, but I know I would very soon get over it. I don't like regrets, especially over things I can't control.

So that's it. I just though I should drop by to give some news. I'll keep you posted whenever the baby decides to come out!

Labels:

3 comment(s):

Thanks for the update. Hope you get to meet your new guy soon.

By Blogger PJ, at 3:08 PM  

Hi Kiwi! Hang in there! Maybe get some BD going? LOL! I know that seemed to be part of the cause of my early labour, so who knows it might work for you??? Can't wait to hear about your new little arrival!

By Blogger Kat, at 3:02 PM  

Hey Kiwi!! So happy to hear from you and look forward to hearing another update of little man's arrival :)

By Blogger Sheryl, at 8:16 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home