Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Friday, August 31, 2007

First trimester

The last two months have been spent either sleeping, playing with Félix while trying not to fall asleep or in vacations. But yay, first trimester is almost over! Let the fun begin!

I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks to see if there was more than one in there. I felt there was only one, P. thought there were two.

I was right:


I must say it was a relief to see only one, but even more to see its little heart beating. Oh how I had been longing to hear that sound again!

I've been feeling good, mostly. Very very tired and with Félix runing around, I can't just go to bed when I want to. I had no nausea whatsoever while pregnant with Félix, I was hoping to be that lucky again. I was still very constipated, which caused a little nausea at night, but quite mild. I guess I'm lucky when it comes to symptoms. It's strange how much this pregnancy is different from the other two. I cannot spend my days sleeping or gazing at my navel, wishing to see it pop or something. Having a toddler changes everything. But I still spend time gazing at my navel when I go to bed, at the end of the day. I remind myself there's a baby in there and that in a couple of weeks, I'll feel it kick and move around. I still can't believe this is happening to us. I'm expecting number 2. Me. It seemed too good to be true, I was always feeling as if something bad was about to happen. But as the weeks go by, I feel less and less afraid.

I had another ultrasound this week, the NT scan. Everything looks good. We saw the heart beat again, the little face with the tiny perfect nose, a little hand waving at us (my heart melted right then and there), a little brain. A perfect miniature baby.

Look at that nose:


I am breathing easier now. I'll be 13 weeks on Sunday. Hoping things continue to go as smoothly as they have been. Now if I could only find time to sleep...

Labels:

2 comment(s):

Thanks for the update Kiwi, I'm so glad to hear things are going well.

By Blogger PJ, at 1:59 PM  

Sounds like you are doing great! Maybe this one's a girl?!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:06 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home