Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Friday, June 10, 2005

You'll see

Among my friends, N is the queen of dumb comments. She's the one who told me to go see an accupunctor because it had worked for one of her friends. She's the one that's always looking at me as if I was SO exagerating when I talked about my infertility, which I almost never did with her anyway. I am having a party this Sunday at my home. Some friends are coming with their children, which is fine with me. But there is this one girl, J, that I don't really like, but have to invite to every party because she invited us to her wedding, her son's christening and her birthday. How can you repay a wedding and a christening? She has the two most annoying and bad-manered boys. So, we were supposed to have a bbq. But, the weather forecast does not look good anymore. So we might have to move the party inside. I told N I didn't want to do it inside, with all the people and the bunch of kids running everywhere. Well of course, she said something like "Oh! you'll see when you have children! You're gonna have to get used to it!" And I told her "Well MY kids will know how to behave." And here comes the dumb part. N says "That's easy to say when you don't have kids you know!" Alright, first of all, who says that to a infertile friend? And second of all, she doesn't even have kids!!! She thinks she knows everything about having and raising kids because she babysat J's boys. I was so pissed I told her if it rained, we would cancel the whole thing. Don't get me wrong, I love children (duh!) and all my other friends' children are so much fun and well behaved. But these two, not only are they imposed to us because we feel obliged to invite J, but they really are loud and violent and we can't just tell them to sit down and shut up because, well, you know, we don't have that right and anyway, we don't know what it is to have kids!

I KNOW it's easy to say things like "my kids are gonna behave" when we don't have kids yet. It's like saying "if I was a millionnaire, I would buy you all a car!" when I have no money. I know it's all easier to say than do. But is it really necessary for N to always remind me I don't know what it is? As if she knew anyway....


Plus, if the party's inside, that would mean I'd have to clean the whole house... If it were outside, I'd clean the bathroom and the kitchen, the only two rooms people would see. I don't have time to clean, I don't have time to make everything kids friendly and to figure out how the hell am I going to fit 20 people in my tiny little house? Damn those storms, they spoil everything.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home