Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Rainy wedding

This Saturday, my big brother is getting married. It's gonna be the first wedding in the family, and probably the last one. I know how important this day is to my brother and his fiancee. I don't know the danse to call the sun, but if someone shows it to me, I'm gonna do it non-stop so that the sky is clear for their big day. I've been to many weddings. Some were a little bit cold, or windy, but I've never been to a rainy wedding and I sure don't want this one to be the first.

Yes, you read right, this will be the first wedding, meaning P and I are not married. I have to say, in Quebec, weddings are a lot less popular and common than in the rest of Canada and in the USA. P and I have no intention of getting married one day. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against marriage. It's just not us. We don't like big family gatherings. We can't find ourselves in the ceremonies and traditions. I wasn't brought up in a religious family. But I love going to other people's weddings. I cry all the time. All the weddings I've been to, I thought the choice was right for them. I respect their choice. But that choice is not in our future.

For my big brother, for his fiancee and their parents (and me too!), Saturday will be a unique day, a day they'll always remember. Please help me blow on the clouds so they can have some sunshine on their big day!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home