Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Friday, June 17, 2005

8 weeks

Oh my! I still can't believe I'm 8 weeks already! I know there is still a long way to go, but wow, I never thought I would even get this far. My first appointment with my ob-gyn is next week. No u/s (here in Québec, because of the public health system, we only have one u/s during the whole pregnancy, around 18 weeks, unless something is wrong), just the exam and the bunch of questions. Maybe we will hear the heart, but I'm not counting on it, since it's still pretty early. So nothing much to reassure me, but I'll take what I get. I will ask and beg and crwl on my knees for an early u/s, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get one.

I still don't have a lot of symptoms. Very, very tired and boobs hurting, nothing new there. I'm still clear from nausea and morning sickness. I get disgusted easily, but nothing major. I'm used to that. I am always hungry, but as soon as I eat, I feel full. Overall, I still feel good. Nothing to complain about. Not that I would, of course, but you know what I mean.

My heart is in turmoil still... The jalousy that was a daily crisis with infertility still lingers on. I still hate oops babies and ambush announcements. Pregnant ladies dancing of joy and seing life through pink tinted glasses piss me off. Women ignoring that it could go wrong bug me. Yep, my infertile crankiness is still alive and well.

My little seed, if everything is still going ok, is measuring around 10 to 14 mm and weighing about 1,5 g. It has small arms and legs and its face is starting to develop. It no longer is the size of a kiwi seed, more of a chili bean or a cherry pit. But kiwi seed is the name we gave it and we stick with it. In French, the word is Pépin, it almost sounds like Pippin from LOTR, without the hairy feet I hope.

So, that's my quick little update. Can't wait for my first appointment. I am very nervous and anxious. I am so used to being told bad news, I'm expecting the worst, while hoping for the best. I think that's the best lesson I have learned from all these years of trying. Staying positive while keeping both feet on the ground.

----------------------------------------

I want to say a big thanks to all of you who took 2 minutes to write to me. It feels so good to know I'm not talking to myself. ;)

5 comment(s):

Good luck with that first appointment! I like the french Pépin!

By Blogger Sandy, at 9:44 AM  

I don't know if I'd be able to wait until 18 weeks. You're a braver soul than I.

I like Pepin too. (Sorry don't know how to do the accent over the e.)

By Blogger PJ, at 11:26 AM  

Congrats! I just came over from Pru's blog. I wish you an easy and healthy pregnancy.

By Blogger Foxxy One, at 8:52 AM  

Good luck with your appointment next week and happy belated birthday!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:26 AM  

Congrats on becoming pregnant! I was just diagnosed with PCOS two weeks ago today. I'm in the beginning stages of my heartbreak and reading your blog today has given me some hope.

Thank you.

By Blogger Rebecca, at 10:06 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home