Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Seasons in the sun

I am taking some time now for a quick update because I'm not sure I'll have the time before leaving on vacation. Friday is Canada Day, so we leave for my mom's house by the lake in the morning and we won't be back for a whole week. A whole week in the country, swimming in the lake, listening to frogs and birds singing, getting mosquito bites and sun burns. A whole week to sleep and relax, but also a whole week with no Internet. I'm gonna have so much to read when I come back!

So here I am, almost 10 weeks along already. I couldn't have asked for a better pregnancy so far. Beside the natural fears and doubts, nothing really pains me or bugs me. Alright, maybe a little constipation, but nothing a good (not!) bowl of All Bran can't fix. When we come back, on July 13, I will be having another u/s, this one for the nuchal testing. Can't wait to see how my Pépin has grown.

Tomorrow night, we are having the in-laws for dinner. We are going to announce it to them. That's gonna be something. Oh and by the way, since I never gave an update on that, my SIL is not pregnant. At least, she was not the couple of times I saw her last. When I saw her drink that beer and smoke that cigar (I know, ew!), I almost jumped from joy.

Then, there's only gonna my mom left to announce it to. We are gonna do it at the country house, since she's gonna be there... We had no money to spend on vacations this year but could not bare the thought of staying home for two weeks (I work at home, so I would be like taking my vacations at my office). So we are making the sacrifice... we are spending one week with my mom, but it's free and did I mention it was by the lake? So anyway, I'm gonna have a real good talk with her because it really pissed me off knowing she did not respect what I had asked of her. But we will wait until next Monday, because on Sunday we are going to my SIL's wedding shower and my mom would not be able not to open her big mouth if she knew it by then.

Let's hope the sun is on our side for this first week of vacations. Hoping you all have a wonderful time and see you all soon!

3 comment(s):

I'm so jealous that you are going on vacation! I still have another month!!

Happy Canada Day! And have a GREAT vacation!!

By Blogger Sheryl, at 3:46 PM  

I am so happy for you, and my wishes are that your pregnancy will continue to go so smoothly! Honestly I cried tears of joy to see the u/s photo of your little kiwi seed. It's so exciting to see you guys revealing your big secret to everyone. I hope these days are filled with happiness for you.

By Blogger Jay, at 3:22 AM  

i just wanted to say that reading your story has given me hope. I have been TTC for over a year, and I also have PCOS. Multiple failed cycles, now i am doing follistim/iui. I hope i can find the light at the end of the tunnel like you. Shirley

By Blogger Shirley, at 2:05 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home