Eggs, shots and rock n roll

Friday, July 22, 2005

The last one



Last night, I took my last Metformin pill. Pépin and I are now alone facing the rest of this pregnancy. I must admit, I am pretty happy about it. I have been taking that pill everyday, 3 times a day, for the last year and a half. It's about time I leave this behind. But I'm also a bit uneasy, afraid even, to stop taking that pill. I had stopped only once, the first time I was pregnant. The nurse had told me to stop, so I did, and miscarried. On the back of my mind, I kinda blamed the fact I stopped the Met for my m-c, even if I know that's silly. My dr has told me after that to keep taking the Met until at least the 10th week. At my first appointment, he told me to stop at 13 weeks. So this time around, I was sort of leaning on this little pill to help me keep my baby. Now that I've reached the 13 weeks mark, 3 months, first trimester ending, I must let go. I have seen Pépin twice, doing fine. I have no reason now to worry. At least, not as much. The Met can do nothig for us now. I will feel free, not taking any medication whatsoever now. Free from the medical world that helped me reach my dream. From now on, we're au naturel.

So long MF! See ya in a year or so!

1 comment(s):

Gosh Kiwi, I dread the day that comes. I'm also taking metformin because of my PCOS and I've been taking it for 1 1/2 years. I can't even imagine what it'll be like to not take it.

Good luck to you.

By Blogger PJ, at 10:31 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home